24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Lowest Rate

Understanding Bail Bonds in Arapahoe County, CO

If the police arrest you or your loved one in Arapahoe County, you should immediately start exploring your options for the best bail bonds in the area.

You will have a lot of questions like:

  • How do bail bonds in Arapahoe County, CO work?
  • What does a bail bondsman do?
  • Who is the best bail bondsman?

How do bail bonds in Arapahoe County, CO work?

Your loved one may stay in jail for a short amount of time, or they might remain there until their trial date.

This depends on whether or not the judge grants the defendant bail. The judge will take into account information such as:

  • The type of crime the defendant has been charged with
  • The mental state of the defendant at the time of their arrest
  • The criminal history of the defendant
  • The likelihood of the defendant staying in the Arapahoe County area
  • The evidence that the defendant has committed the crime they’ve been charged with

After considering all of the above factors, the judge will make their decision. If they decide to grant bail, the defendant must do two things in order to go free.

  1. Pay the court either in cash or property. This is bail.
  2. Promise to appear for their trial on their court date. This is bond.

If the defendant follows through on their promise, they get their bail money or property back. But if the defendant breaks their promise, they forfeit their bail. The police will arrest them and the court will charge them with additional crimes, which might be a harsher sentence or steeper fees.

What does a bail bondsman do?

Bail is usually expensive, often too expensive for the defendant to afford.

Most defendants look for financial assistance from their friends or family members. But even then a defendant may not be able to come up with enough money to pay their bail.

Fortunately, for exactly this type of scenario, bail bondsmen exist. When you hire a bail bondsman, you don’t have to worry about having one large sum of money right away. Instead, you will most likely only have to worry about playing 10% of your bail price, which is the typical fee for a bail bondsman. ASAP Bail Bonds knows that even this can be a lot to ask, which is why we have easy, affordable payment plans. The other 90% of the bail amount will not be an issue as long as the defendant shows up in court. The court will refund the money.

Who is the best bail bondsman?

Now that you know a little more about how bail bonds and bail bondsmen work, you can choose the best bail bondsman in the area. ASAP Bail Bonds is your best option for bail bonds in Arapahoe County, CO. You can trust our hardworking, compassionate team. Our extensive knowledge and experience enables us to effectively answer all of your bail bonds questions.